Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My First Blog Award



I'm not going to lie, I see these blog awards go around sometimes and that perfectionist part of me comes out and really wants one.  So, imagine how EXCITED I was when I received my first blog award from What Inside Voice? and The Brady Bunch on Crack!

I started this blog as a way of kicking The Blob's ass and proving to myself that I could accomplish something.  But, I haven't kicked The Blob's ass alone, all of you wonderful readers kick that Blob's ass every time you read a post!  And hopefully you are learning to kick your own blob's ass!

There are a couple things I'm supposed to do upon the receipt of this award:

1) Thank and link back the awarding blog
2) Answer 7 questions
3) Provide 10 random facts about yourself
4) Award 7 other deserving bloggers

The Questions

1) What is your favorite song?  At this moment, anything Phillip Phillips has sang.  But, if I had to chose ONE, it would be Volcano.


2) What is your favorite dessert?  Chocolate cake.


3) What do you do when you are upset? Vent, drink, eat chocolate, cry, snap at my kids, and beat myself up about how worthless I am and if gets REALLY bad, want to jump in front of a train.


4) What is your favorite pet?  Our Golden Retriever Dusty who passed away a couple years ago.


5) Which do you prefer, White or Wheat? Wheat.  Gotta do something to counteract all the chocolate.


6) What is your biggest fear? Failing.


7) What is your attitude mostly? I need more wine!

10 Random Facts


1) I've never met a wine I didn't like

2) I'm a beer snob

3) I don't let myself believe I'm smart

4) I spent two years in a hospital for depression when I was 15

5) I love Kate Middleton and have a fascination with the royal family, but I've missed the entire Diamond Jubilee celebration...

6) I haven't had a hair cut in almost a year

7) I have a quiet side, but no one believes me

8) When I was in college, some girlfriends and I left in the middle of the night for an impromptu road trip to Chicago.

9) I am a huge fan of Downton Abbey and suffer serious withdrawals from it.

10) I fly off the handle easily (really, I do).


7 other blogs to award...  GESSH!  Everybody has already been awarded, but I'll give it a shot!

Too Smart For Her Own Good - Man, can I relate to this!

I Will Get Up Again - She's going to kill me for this, but y'all need to know she's out there.

What I Really Meant to Say - This lady cracks me up 8 ways from Sunday!

A Bit of Personality - She's my bloggy twin, I swear it! (I can't find her blog right now, go check her out on FB)

OK, I'm running out of steam on this and I'm feeling highly pressured (by myself) to get this out there.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetheart! !

    Not gonna kill you!! Will comment more later from my computer.

    I would love to chat more with you. Leave a comment on my blog with your email addy. I approve all comments and will not post if w/personal info.

    Hope today goes well.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! Beer snob!? of what sorts? You like specific beers or no beer? Looks like I have an excuse to write a blog now, as if I need one. I just need to get my handy dandy list of favorites together. And some motivation. Where's the last 3 blog friends? Just because no else is going to enforce the rules doesn't mean I wont. I'll do your extra 3 because I'll have a hard time limiting it. My blog is http://mandainsight.blogspot.com/ (a bit of personality)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bud light, bullet, natty light, Budweiser, etc.

      PLEASE do my last three. I ran out of people that hadn't been tagged 100 times...

      Delete
  3. I am a beer snob tooo!!!!!!! Also a coffee snob, I grind my own beans every day. I love this!!! and you!!!!!!!

    MUAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete