Monday, July 2, 2012

Round Two

I have my second EMDR treatment tomorrow.   I'm trying not to think about it because I'm dreading it. I've been debating whether or not I want to come up with excuses to not do it.

The only way I'm going to truly be better and stop being so afraid of everything is to go through this process.  I know that. But, as much as I know that, I'm still so damn scared to feel better. I'm afraid to dig all this shit up. All this shit that I have worked so damn hard to stuff.

I feel stuck. I'm understanding more of what makes me feel the way I do and what is triggering my emotions, but when it comes to going through the EMDR process and talking myself out of my negative thoughts, I am completely overwhelmed.

And now that I'm starting to really think about this, I'm becoming overwhelmed again, so I'm going to drink some wine and focus on my distractions.

2 comments:

  1. ((((Sending virtual hugs))))))

    It is tough. This work we are doing.

    Stay strong! !

    You can do it.

    ReplyDelete